Sunday, April 7, 2013

C4T #3 Summary


Post #1
Kathleen Morris has a blog named Primary Tech. Her blog has many inspiring post. The benefits of educational blogging was the first post that I read. She had a diagram summarizing nine major benefits to educational blogging. Social skills and confidence was the first benefit on the list. This is very important for every student to have in order to be successful. Internet safety is something everyone should be aware of. Literacy and math skills can easily be taught using a blog. Students that are homeschooled can use blogs for a great interaction tool. ICT skills are taught and used with blogging and this is something that every student should learn. Having a classroom community can help keep parents and students involved and interested. A blog offers an authentic audience for the students to have. The global connections that a blog can have can be one of the most interesting things a blog can offer a student.  

              My response to the teacher was:
Hello my name is Marie Allgood. I am an EDM 310 student at the University of South Alabama. I have been assigned to your blog. I will posting to my blog http://allgoodmarieedm310.blogspot.com about your blog on April 7th. I am on my journey to become a teacher. Your blog is very informative to me. This is the first semester that I have been able to learn about educational blogging. I have never been one to blog but I am learning how interesting it is. Your blog post helps to see why I need to incorporate blogging into my classroom. I am very excited and eager to have my own classroom to begin blogging with.  I have my own children and have thought about helping them to create a blog since they do not do this in their classrooms. Thanks for taking time to keep a blog for others to enjoy.

Post #2
Kathleen Morris has been working on a project called Our World, Our Numbers Global Project. The students are in primary classes and are from three different continents and five countries. Students from all of the classes are collaborating and connecting with each other. The classes take turns with a “lead” mathematical topic. Through the blog post the students are teaching each other different math lessons. The parents and teachers are engaging in the blog posts. The students have the opportunity to learn though the eyes of others in different parts of the world. This project will conclude in mid May. I can’t wait to read about how it turns out.

My response to her was:
Hello my name is Marie Allgood. I am a student in EDM 310 at the University of South Alabama. I have been assigned to your blog and I am so happy about it. I will be making my summary on your last two posts on April 7, 2013. Please feel free to view my comments at http://allgoodmarieedm310.blogspot.com. I really loved the global project. I can only imagine how amazed and excited the students are when they see they have new comments and post to read. I imagine the students are eager to learn new things so that they share it on their blog for others to learn. This idea seems to be a great way to get the students involved and eager to learn. I love that you have so many different classes working on this project instead of just two. The multiple continents make it very interesting to me also. I am very excited to follow this project and see how well it turns out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment