Sunday, March 10, 2013

Blog Post #8


Dr. Miller This is How We Dream

He talks about alternatives to paper and pen.  He discusses the ways that you can add audio and visual aspects to publications. We can research online and find many up to date resources to use. When you use the web you are searching globally. This brings the world together in the most wonderful way. This allows the students to have more and better resources on hand at all times. Students are more interested in watching and learning something when it is interesting. The students are allowed to use their imagination and creativity. Students that are not as creative are able to research ways to be creative. Some students can learn by just reading plain text but others learn better by having visual aids to watch and some need to hear things to learn. While using the web you are allowing each student to learn in his or her own way.

I have really enjoyed learning how teachers across the world are bogging with their class. This is collaboration to me. They are letting their students have contact with other students around the world. I believe collaboration like this is one way Dr. Miller is discussing.

I am willing to learn to write with multimedia but don’t feel that I am prepared just yet. I plan to use writing with multimedia in my classroom. If my students do not know how then we will research it and teach them how.

Carly Pugh’s Blog Post 12

Carly put a lot of thought into this.  As future teachers we should always put a lot of thought into everything that we do. I love the video playlist. This would be a great must have for future employers. They would see more about you than what they would learn from asking you a few questions.  The playlist would be a great tool to help you as you teach. It would be a great resource to look back to. This is a great way to use multimedia. I plan to have my students make an about me presentation.

Jamie Lynn Miller’s Project

Organization is a must. We must be organized with every assignment. When we are organized we most likely will not procrastinate. Procrastination is a huge problem for me. I usually wait until the last minute on things and then do not have time for errors. These videos shows how crazy we look when we are not organized and wait until the last minute.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn

Technology is a mjor part of every students lives but we are not allowing them to have these things at school. I feel that in the world we live in today we need to allow the students to use these devices to learn. They are learning to explore the world with the devices. They can expand their learning environment. The school systems need to be updated. They need to be redesigned using techniques that would fit today’s world. Schools can teach students about different cultures and how they learn. I believe bringing in all types of diversity into your classroom will help students. They can see that everyone is different and learns different.

Justin Cometti’s Scavenger Hunt

Polleverywhere.com is a great free website to create polls. Anyone can sign up and create polls. This tool can be used with parents and students in your classroom. The parents can be sent an email with questions about how they feel the teacher and or their child is doing in the classroom. The students can answer polls that the teacher can use to see how much they are learning. I am excited to use this website many times and have added it to my symbaloo.

EDU 2.0 is a social media site for teachers. The teachers can share lesson plans, ideas, quizzes, videos, and much more. They can give advice to one another and ask for help if they need it. Sharing ideas among teachers is a must for me. I believe teachers should always share with other teachers things that work in their classroom. If something doesn’t work that can also be shared. This is a free site that is hosted in the cloud to be used anywhere.

Animoto is an easy to use video tool. You can choose the style and add captions. You can create thirty second videos for free. You can purchase plans that allow your videos to be longer. Video tools in the classroom are a must this day and time. We must use every available tool possible for our students. They are depending on us to receive the best education they can. Students are able to communicate with others across the world. They can learn from others through videos also. Multimedia will be used in my classroom.


  

2 comments:

  1. Whew! I think I assigned too much for this week! Thanks for covering everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marie,

    First of all, great post. I enjoyed reading it. It shows that you put a lot of thought into your writing. I agree organization is crucial and sometimes stressful! Good that we have applications that can help us. You are going to be a great teacher. Keep up the good work.

    W.F

    ReplyDelete