Sunday, May 5, 2013

Blog Post #15 Final Reflection

This assignment required me to look back at my first blog post. I really enjoyed doing that. It showed me how much I have learned and now appreciate technology in the classroom. I learned how important it is to take a class like EDM 310 in order to be a great teacher. Many of my opinions and thoughts on my future classroom have remained the same, but now they are expanded. At first I knew a few things about the layout of my future classroom but now I feel that I know how to more effectively achieve them.
I have always wanted to teach the first or second grade. I am now open to teaching upper elementary. I would really enjoy teaching the older ones now that I am aware of all the technology that is available. I know that you can use technology with the younger ones but I feel that it would be more interesting with the older ones. I stated in my first blog post that I wanted colorful and engaging bulletin boards. Since this class I know how to research and find ideas. I have many websites to help with these in my PLN.
My first blog post only talked about typing stories, playing games, and engaging in blogs for my students. I am now eager to have my students to creat blogs not just engage in them. I will have my students create a PLN that they can use through out the year. I will have my students make book trailers and green screen movies. I am so excited about the technology that I know about now.
I hope to have a smartboard in my classroom for my students use and interact with. I have wanted to use icebreakers in my classroom from the beginning but now that I know how to use the smartboard I plan to incorporate it. I am thinking of having my students to each resaerch on the computer an icebreaker of their choice. We will put all of the icebreakers in a jar and draw one a day and the person that came up with that one will get to lead it.
If I could go back and change anything in my first blog post it would be simply and more technology. I still feel that the students need many hands on activities. In the first post the hands on activities didn't actually include technology but now they will. The activities can be making movies or podcasts. Projects like that are very much hands on learning. The students will learn from following directions and doing the work themselves. I would also change that I prefer lower elementary. I am now thinking that it might be very interesting to work with the older ones. My future class will definitely include technology in many ways. We will have a class blog and many things. I had originally stated that I hoped my classroom had at least one computer well now I hope for many more.


Part #2

No comments:

Post a Comment